ISO 45001 :2018 - Occupational Health & Safety Management System
The Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series, ISO 45001 :2018, has been developed to help organizations control and minimize occupational health and safety risks. ISO 45001 :2018 is a specific standard for occupational health and safety management systems designed to eliminate or minimize the risk to employees and other interested parties who may be exposed to occupational health and safety risks associated with the business’ activities. ISO 45001 :2018 is compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 management systems. ISO 45001 :2018 represents a progression of a management system philosophy, from quality to environmental, continuing to occupational health and safety.
ISO 45001 :2018 focuses on the identification, elimination, and continual improvement of hazards and risks within the work environment. The OHSAS management system methodology is based on planning for hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control. The ISO 45001 :2018 Health and Safety Management System (HSMS) incorporates ISO management system elements to address these risks.
ISO 45001 :2018 promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows organizations to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance.
Benefits of ISO 45001 :2018 Certification:
- Reduction in the number of accidents and interruptions in production due to better control over hazards at the workplace
- Focus on employee safety results in a satisfied, motivated and highly productive work force
- Legal compliance with minimal administrative effort
- Improves company image and boosts international competitiveness
- Demonstrates an innovative and forward thinking approach
- Reduction in insurance costs.
- Improved confidence in operations
- Improved shareholder confidence
- Proactive risk management
- Better management control
- Reduced loss of productive time