ISO 14001:2015 - Environmental Management Systems
The ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) standard, represents the core set of standards used by organizations for designing and implementing an effective environmental management system. The major objective of the ISO 14001 norms is "to promote more effective and efficient environmental management in organizations and to provide useful and usable tools - ones that are cost effective, system-based, flexible and reflect the best organizational practices available for gathering, interpreting and communicating environmentally relevant information."
ISO 14001 is known as a generic management system standard. It is applicable to any size and type of organisation, product or service, in any sector of activity and can accommodate diverse socio-cultural and geographic conditions.
ISO 14001 can be a very effective tool to identify these cost savings opportunities for all types of organisations.An Environmental Management System helps the organization to be in control and successfully manage the most significant environmental aspects like emissions, waste-handling, utilizing natural resources, and energy-efficiency.
The purpose of this EMS is:
- To Make a management commitment to pollution prevention.
- To understand the environmental impacts (reducing) of an organization’s activities.
- To make a commitment (pollution prevention) to employees, neighbours and customers.
Benefits EMS( ISO 14001:2015) Certification:
- Reduce cost of waste management
- Savings in consumption of energy and materials
- Improved compliance
- Overall Costs Reduced
- Fewer accidents
- Competitive advantage
- Improved use of resources
- Reduction in waste and consumption of resources
- Reduced operating costs
- Competitive advantage against companies that do not adopt the standard
- Framework for continuous improvement of environmental performance
- Improved corporate image among regulators, customers and the public