What is ECAS- Emirates Conformity Assessment
The Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme or
ECAS is a Product Certification scheme for government-regulated products as
mandated by the Federal Law 28 of 2001.
this scheme, all regulated products must meet the requirements for safety and
quality specified in the Technical Regulations adopted by the UAE government.
must register the products and obtain a Certificate of Conformity prior to
selling inside the UAE.
The ECAS Certificate is
A proof that the product has been approved by the
Federal Government through ESMA
One of the documents required when clearing
shipments from Ports and Customs Authorities
The Renewal application is required one month
before the expiration of the certificate.
What are the Product Categories Certified under
- Hand-held motor-operated electric tools
- Plugs and socket-outlets for household and similar purposes
- Laser products
- Switches for household and similar fixed electrical installation
- Lamp Control Gear
- Audio, Video Products
- Lighting Products
- Sound Signaling devices
- AC and DC LOW Voltage Wires and Cables
- Gas Powered Ovens & Cooking Ranges
- Commercial and Central Air conditioning System
- Diesel (Gas Oil)
- Lubricating Oils
- Energy drinks
- Cosmetics and Personal care Products
- Food Contact Material
- Water fixture
How long is an ECAS certificate valid?
ECAS Certificate is Valid within one year upon issuance for the certified products only.